Executive Position Descriptions
The Governing Members of LU Sound consists of the following offices with the following responsibilities:
- President - responsible for seeing that LU Sound operates within the guidelines set forth by the Dean of Students. The president will preside over and schedule all meetings and be responsible for keeping the members of LU Sound up to date with all and any projects LU Sound is endeavoring.
- Vice President - responsible for scheduling and hiring for all working events of LU Sound and representing LU Sound to its customers. All customer relations with LU Sound should be through the Vice President. The Vice President is responsible for overseeing meetings when the President is unavailable to attend.
- Student Technical Director - responsible for the cataloging and maintaining any and all equipment owned by LU Sound. Should the Technical Advisor be unavailable, the Student Technical Director is responsible for providing technical guidance to LU Sound.
- Promotions Director - responsible for any and all relations between LU Sound and the public including advertising. The Promotional Director is also responsible for recruiting new members to LU Sound.
- Secretary - the recorder for LU Sound. The Secretary will manage, create, and maintain all meeting minutes, forms, and other documents created by LU Sound. The Secretary is also responsible for keeping an up-to-date list of members and their current status with LU Sound.
- Treasurer - in charge of keeping track of the LU Sound bank account, expenses, and income. To do this they should maintain an up to date cash flow sheet
Officers will be elected in the month of February by a majority vote of present active members at the meeting. Either the Advisor or the Technical Advisor shall head the election. Newly elected officers shall attend the weekly executive meetings, sharing the offices with the previous officers for the rest of the semester. Officers will serve for a period of one year. All offices, excluding the advisors, shall be undergraduate students.